Entrecard is touted as "The Ultimate Networking Tool for Bloggers." It is a way to advertise your blog to gain readers and boost traffic by adding an Entrecard box to your own blog. You can see IndieCEO's Entrecard box to the right of this post. That is where people will "drop" their cards or have their requested/approved advertising show.
Entrecard is like its own little country because it has its own economy system! No cash payments are needed.
You simply earn credits by dropping your card on other blogs. By purchasing advertising with those credits, you can select the blogs where you want your ad to show. There are other opportunities to gain credits listed on the site that you might explore. I was able to earn enough credits when I first signed up to actually advertise on others' blogs right then and there.
There is a system to receive advertising on your own blog. You can either approve each one or choose to have an automatic approval. I prefer to approve each one because the content and look of ads on my blogs are very important to my brand.
Here are the Pros and Cons of Entrecard that I have found:
- Free advertising that costs no money - just time and thought.
- Fun - there are a variety of categories for artists and crafters to surf through - I have found such interesting blogs
- Networking - I have begun to see favorites and tend to comment there and receive comments back
- A way to gain readers
- A way to boost traffic
- A way to gain followers to your blog
- A way to have your blog promos seen, like your shop minis, twitter link, those kinds of things
- Most traffic is just that - traffic - and not specifically readers
- Many will "hit and run" by going to your blog, dropping a card to get credits, and zoom out of the blog
- It takes time - whether little or a lot is up to you
- You must participate consistently to gain benefit by spending a little time each day to drop your card
I do like it, given my expectations. I don't expect tons of readers and commenters. I don't mind the ones who "hit and run" because it boosts traffic numbers. I also have ProjectWonderful ads on my blogs and the increased traffic boosts the bids on the ad boxes.
Those that linger to read and comment are the jewels of the process. You can gain a great networking group long term if you stick with Entrecard and participate. It may take a while but that is what I am going for while I am building traffic. I have also added to my blog "followers" through this method.
If you want to try it, click here for Entrecard!