Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mind Mapping - the Best Entrepreneurial Tool for Creatives…Ever



Have you ever used Mind Mapping as a way to "brain dump" all of your ideas onto a surface so you can sort, categorize, prioritize, and pick through them?

I have known about mind mapping over the years but never explored it until now. It is not only fascinating, but also so very easy for the creative mind to grasp. It actually pushes your creative thought and gives all ideas a place to live!

I encourage you to try out Mind Meister - a free online mind mapping tool that also has a pro version if you want a lot of mind maps (you get three maps free).

But, for me, I only need one for now. I am developing my entire GalleriaLinda jewelry business strategic plan in one map. I find it easy to update it with those "flash ideas" that come to me with no where to go. I keep my mind map open in my browser the entire day and I put those ideas in my mind map for a later think tank session. 

Some of the categories I have created for myself are things that help me dig deep into why I love my GalleriaLinda Contemporary Handmade Beaded Jewelry business and ideas to strengthen it:
  • Why customers buy jewelry
  • Why Linda makes jewelry
  • Why Linda sells jewelry
  • Distribution channels
  • Online marketing channels
  • SEO channels
  • And much more specific to GalleriaLinda!
 Here is a view of my "in progress" idea board. I have blurred the map (it is not you) due to proprietary information but I wanted you to get the idea that it is OK to be messy, but important to document all your ideas as they come to you!

Check out the MindMeister free mind mapping tool and try it out. This is a perfect way for creative people to develop their business plan or to focus on only one aspect of your business, such a promotion.

I would love to know what you think if you use it. And, how you use it. Leave some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment